Saturday 11 May 2013

IT IS ALL MY WIFES FAULT!!!!!!

It's been an interesting few weeks on a personal level. The funeral of an old school friend who died very quickly from Cancer, shook me harder than i cared to admit and bought home my mortality to myself in a very real way. Did a wedding blessing that caused me a whole heap of trouble from certain quarters, some i expected others i didn't but i would do the same in a Pastoral sense again (so that means bye bye for some of you) The house move seems to have hit a brick wall (pun intended) so we a started running with our back up plan, only to have another viewing take place this week AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH will do for now.

But through all of this i have learnt something important. My time frame and Gods time frame are different, i can only see the end of my nose with a mirror or by going cross eyed ( not a good look) God sees the whole picture from my side, while walking with me. So why do i do this when i know God is in control? in my life i have heard God at times as audibly as i here Judas Priest playing in the background now. What's different today? It's my wife's fault, it's all her and nothing to do with me. You see when i was single hearing the voice of God only affected me, it only mattered to me or the situation i was in. Now i have to take account of the woman i love, but more importantly her spiritual walk as well, i'm no longer just me, we are one flesh, one mind and one body and walk together in God. This for me is a massive learning curve, having to listen to the other side of my life, listening to the person who probably knows me best, and it's not the same as discussing it down the pub with your mates over a beer.

My walk with God is my responsibility, i'm responsible for how i act, what i do, who i offend, who i make happy. But the other side of that coin is i'm not an island i'm married and need to think about how my wife feels about something, do i miss the old days? you better believe it. Would i go back to them? NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

It's important to have that spiritual connection with your significant other, Paul says " do not be unequally yoked" there is a good reason why that is. If God tells you to sell up and move to where ever, you both need to agree on it, you can't fly solo with a significant other in tow. There are 3 significant people involved in our marriage God, my wife, and me. Thats the way it needs to be,
like i said the last few weeks has taught me a great deal, i have seen things differently, i have lost friends because they do not agree with me, and that actually hurts. It's easy to say "well they were not real friends" and that is a cop out. My relationships with these people actually took time and effort to build they should be more important than a disagreement over nothing, but hey ho thats the way it goes.

Bless ya people may God show you something new each and everyday, and if he is not ask him where you need to be looking for that something new.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes Suzie you have to carve away the niceties of life and be as honest and vulnerable as your heart lets you.

    ReplyDelete